ATEN Environment Policy
ATEN RoHS Statement
On January 27 2003 the European Union formally issued the "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive" (WEEE-2002/96/EC) and the "Restrictions on Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment" directive (RoHS-2002/95/EC). In the official minutes published on February 13 2003, it was also declared that starting from July 1 2006 all electrical and electronic equipment sold in the European market must not contain hazardous heavy metals that violate the directives, including lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE). This restriction is aimed at reducing the harm and impact that these substances cause to the human body and environment.
For all of its product range ATEN will be focusing on the research and development, supplier selection and purchasing as well as the testing of incoming materials at the factory, the lead free production process, final product assessment and standardization of operating procedures. These will satisfy the requirements and regulations of our customers and target countries on ROHS and toxic chemical substances, as well serve as a guide for us in future improvements and sustainable business practices.
ATEN Environmental Policy
ATEN International's environmental policy defines our responsibility to society and our duty to protect the environment. As we pursue continued business development and preservation of the environment, beyond seeking improvements and breakthroughs in technology, we shall also adopt a conscientious attitude to promoting environmental management systems and associated activities. These are aimed to preventing pollution, creating a superior workplace, protecting the mental and physical well-being of our employees as well live up to our legal, social and environmental corporate responsibilities.
ATEN regulate following rules complying with ISO 14001:
- Fulfill environmental laws: Check environmental laws & comply with environmental regulation requirements of governing agencies.
- Express resource ideas: Proper use of earth resources to limit wasteful behavior. Reduce environmental pollution and conserve energy.
- Continuous green production: Periodic inspection to ensure proper execution of environmental policies and improvements. Put effort in to maintaining our green earth.
ATEN Environmental Management
- Establish and maintain an environmental management system while committing ourselves to make continued improvements and carry out pollution prevention.
- Publish product develop guides that specify new research and development may not utilize hazardous substances. The materials used in existing products will be replaced or modified in order to comply with product greening legislation and commitments; carry out complete testing of all materials to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- During the purchase and use of raw materials, product assembly, product packaging, transportation and waste product management operations as well as associated service activities, take into consideration all appropriate regulatory requirements and the environmental impact.
- Environmental and pollutant management will be carried out in accordance with each location's relevant environmental protection policies. When the product or service provided has a discernible effect on the greater environment, the relevant procedures and requirements will be conveyed to the contractor or supplier to request continued improvements in order to create a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Through awareness promotions, education and communication ensure that all employees understand the regulations and requirements of the company's environmental management system.
- Establish a public health and safety management unit to carry out proactive inspections. Also carry out regular disaster prevention and response drills to guard against occupational hazards, protecting the health and safety of workers.
- Make public our company's environmental management system so that the relevant stakeholder organizations with an interest in our company's environmental performance can understand our company's efforts and contributions to the environment.